The following page sets out our terms and conditions for the use of and access to our website www.ehdacademy.co.uk as well as the terms and conditions to all students accepted to study at EHD Academy (a trading name of Energy House Digital Limited, 2-4 Great Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3NW registered in England & Wales No. 6244208)).
EHD Academy Terms & Conditions
By applying for a course with EHD Academy or paying a deposit for a course you confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions as legally binding until successful completion by you of the course, unless terminated or cancelled earlier in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Course Attendance,Conduct and Course Structure
- EHD Academy courses are demanding and require a serious commitment from all students. EHD Academy wants to ensure that all students on its courses have the best possible opportunity to succeed and therefore reserves the right to suspend from the course any student who in any way disrupts the course environment or fails to make satisfactory progress. Other than in the event of serious disruptive behavior we will seek to resolve any issues collaboratively by way of dialogue before taking more serious steps.
- If we find (acting reasonably and having undertaken a thorough investigation) that a student is failing to keep up with the demands of the course they have chosen, and after consulting with the student we decide that the student is not likely to successfully complete the course, we reserve the right to require the student to leave the course. Provided we are satisfied, acting reasonably and taking all reasonable circumstances into consideration, that the student has made a good faith effort to succeed on the course we may choose to refund a pro-rata amount of the course fees paid by a student who is required to leave (based on the number of hours of the course remaining after the student was required to leave, as a percentage of the total number of course hours). In any other circumstances the terms of section 4 (“Payment of Fees if the course is not completed”) below will apply.
- Students will be required to comply with all rules and regulations of EHD Academy and the premises in which EHD Academy courses are held. EHD Academy reserves the right to exclude any student for failure to do so.
- EHD Academy runs part-time and full-time courses. Full-time courses run Monday – Friday, while part-time courses run Mon-Friday evenings and/or weekends. Please see the EHD Academy website for an up to date timetable of courses.
- Every EHD Academy course is constantly reviewed and improvements are made. This means that the course you attend may not be identical to previous courses, and, whilst it will be materially the same, may not be identical to that described on the EHD Academy website.
- Deposit, Course Fees and Payments
- Once accepted on an EHD Academy course students will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure their place on a course.
- Following payment of the deposit, the student must pay 100% of the published fee for the relevant course, less the deposit, so that it is received in EHD Academy’s bank account no later than 10 days before the commencement of the course. The fee is non-refundable if the student withdraws from the course within the 10 days prior to the start of the course.
- If payment in full is not received by EHD Academy in its bank account within 10 days prior to the commencement of a course, EHD Academy may, at its discretion, reallocate the place reserved for the student to a wait-listed student in which case the original student will no longer be able to attend the course and will not be entitled to have their deposit refunded .
- EHD Academy will direct students to the payment services provider used by EHD Academy so that the student can pay the deposit and course fees online. Alternatively, students can pay the deposit and course fees by bank transfer to EHD Academy’s nominated bank account.
- Course fees are subject to change however payment of the non-refundable deposit will secure the course at the price advertised at that time.
- Third party providers may offer EHD Academy courses via their systems. These providers are entirely independent of EHD Academy and EHD Academy assumes no responsibility or liability for services that they offer.
- If a student fails to complete a course, EHD Academy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to charge the student the full amount of fees outstanding (being the full course fee less the deposit paid) immediately following confirmation that the student will not be completing the course for any reason. In exceptional circumstances EHD Academy may, in its sole discretion, agree to waive payment of part or all of the outstanding fees.
- Refund Policy
- Any deposit or course fee paid by a student in accordance with the payment plan selected by the student set out in section “Deposit” above is non-refundable unless the course on which the student is enrolled is cancelled (whether prior to the course commencing, or after its commencement) by EHD Academy, in which case any course fee which has been paid by the student will be refunded in full.
- Right to Study
- All students must have the right to study in the UK under applicable UK rules, and hold a current visa if necessary. A guide to these rules can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/
- As a general rule you will not need a visa if you hold a passport issued by the UK or any other country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
- Please note that EHD Academy is not currently an accredited institution for the purposes of the “student visitor” category.
- Students will be required to produce an EEA or Swiss passport on enrolment on a course. If you intend to rely on other documents, you should provide full details to EHD Academy when applying for a course.
- If for any reason EHD Academy cancels a planned course after a student has been accepted on the course EHD Academy will refund to the student any deposit and course fees paid by the student (as per section 5) but will have no further liability to the student.
- EHD Academy shall not be liable to the student or be deemed in breach of contract by reason of any delay or failure to perform any of EHD Academy’s obligations in relation to the course if this was due to any cause beyond EHD Academy’s reasonable control.
- EHD Academy shall not be liable to any damages on a student’s laptop or personal gadget (mobile phone, tablet or any other electronic device used by the student at EHD Academy premises) during its courses, Lunch & Learn sessions or Meetups.
- Intellectual Property and Publicity
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, rights in inventions, registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks, domain names, registered designs and design rights, copyright (including such rights in computer software and databases), database rights and rights in confidential information including know how and trade secrets (in each case for the full period thereof and extensions, revivals and renewals thereof), applications for the foregoing and the right to apply for any of the foregoing anywhere in the world, and all similar rights anywhere in the world including those subsisting in inventions, designs, drawings and computer programs;
- “Student Content” means any text, files, images, photos, videos or works of authorship that you submit to us during a course, (but shall not include any content, materials or information that you have downloaded, copied or otherwise obtained from us, which you hereby acknowledge is owned by us or our licensors).
- We do not claim any ownership of any Intellectual Property Rights in your Student Content. After submitting Student Content to us, you retain all rights of ownership which you have subsisting in it and you may use it in any way you choose (provided it does not breach any of these terms and conditions or any applicable laws).
- You warrant that you own the Intellectual Property Rights in and to all Student Content that you submit to us or you are otherwise entitled to submit the same to the EHD Academy website.
- You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use your Student Content in order to publicise and promote EHD Academy and courses run by us, including without limitation the right to publicly perform, reproduce, display, modify, manage, distribute and store any of your Student Content as part of our website or as part of any materials used to promote or advertise EHD Academy anywhere in the world. We shall not otherwise distribute or sell any of your Student Content without your permission.
- We will not be under any obligation whatsoever to pay you for any of the Student Content used in accordance with these terms and conditions. Save in respect of the Student Content, all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the all content, materials and information provided to you by us during the course are owned by and shall remain owned by us or our licensors.
- You may view, download and print any content, materials and information made available to you by us during the course subject to the following conditions:
- the content, materials and information may only be used for your personal use; save as expressly permitted by us in these terms and conditions, the content, materials and information shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
- the content, materials and information may not be modified, decompiled, reverse engineered, disassembled or altered in any way unless they are specifically provided for these purposes or on terms that permit these acts;
- save as expressly permitted by us in these terms and conditions, the content, material and information may not be distributed or sold to any third party; and
- you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the content, material or information.
- Promotional content.
- EHD Academy may film and/or photograph you as part of the creation of marketing, educational or other content (“Promotional Content”) to promote or publicise EHD Academy or for other purposes and may permit other companies to carry out similar projects.
- You hereby agree that the Intellectual Property Rights in respect of any Promotional Content shall vest in and are hereby assigned to EHD Academy and you grant all necessary consents that may be required under any legislation or regulation in any jurisdiction to permit the Promotional Content or any part of it to be exhibited or otherwise exploited by all means and in all media and formats throughout the universe for the full period of copyright and all renewals, revivals, reversions and extensions thereof and thereafter so far as may be possible in perpetuity. You further confirm that you shall not seek to enforce any rights to equitable remuneration in respect of any rental and lending and cable retransmission rights in the Promotional Content.
- You acknowledge that no repeat fees or any other fees shall be payable to you in respect of any subsequent rebroadcast or retransmission or any other use by us (or any assignees or licensees) of the Promotional Content or any part thereof.
- You hereby waive any so-called ‘moral rights’ in the Promotional Content and such rights under section 77 and section 80 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 as you now has or may hereafter acquire in relation to the Promotional Content. Accordingly, we shall have the unfettered right to modify the Promotional Content or any part of it in any way that we think fit.
- We shall be entitled to assign the benefit of this section 9 either in whole or in part to any to any of our subsidiary or associated companies or successors in title and/or any third party.
- You agree that in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions by us, you shall not be entitled to enjoin and/or injunct the distribution and/or exploitation of the Promotional Content and any legal remedy you may have shall lie in an action at law for damages (subject to the limitations set out in section 7).
- Post course opportunities
- EHD Academy may from time to time present successful course graduates with opportunities to further develop their skills in the form of work experience, internships and permanent job opportunities. Student’s are under no obligation to accept post course opportunities nor is there any guarantee following completion of a course that graduates will receive an offer for work experience, internships and permanent job.
- Complaints Procedure
- If a student is not satisfied with any aspect of EHD Academy, whether that be the course content, curriculum, facilities or any other issue, they should first raise their concern with the relevant course tutor.
- If a discussion or correspondence with the relevant course tutor does not satisfactorily resolve the student’s concern, or the student does not feel they are able to raise the concern with the course tutor (for example because it relates to the tutor’s personal performance) the complaint should be raised with Gledsley Müller, Head of EHD Academy, by email to [email protected] or telephone to +44 (0)207 183 9341.
Website Terms & Conditions
By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, do not use our website.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
(a) you must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
(b) you must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent;
(c) you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on the website.
Limitations of liability
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise – including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam.
You must not use our website to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under English and other applicable law. All material you copy, publish or send via our website must not be defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; such material must not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or rights of confidence, impinge upon any person’s privacy, or constitute incitement to commit a crime
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon our website.
We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of unsuitable material, including suspending or cancelling your account, restricting your access to our website, or commencing legal proceedings against you.]
In respect of all material that you post on our website, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Law and jurisdiction
This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.