1 places left
5 places left
|Start date||End date|
|Course type: Tue & Thu (Evenings)|
This course will run for 8 consecutive weeks (42 hours). It starts at 6pm and finishes at 9pm every Tuesday and Thursday. You will need to bring your own laptop for this course.
Who is this course for?
Web Developers, Engineers or anyone interested in electronics and Internet of Things
Smart devices are all around us. Take for instance a smartwatch that tracks your steps and your heart rate. Or the smart thermostat at your home. Maybe you use one of those car clubs that allow you to open the doors of the car via a mobile app? Internet of Things (IoT) is a scenario where machines communicate with other machines and devices through embedded sensors. IoT is no longer a theoretical concept but a reality. It is growing at an incredible pace and it’s believed that there will be around 200 billion connected devices by 2020. So we’re really only starting to scratch the surface with the possibilities for innovation that the The Internet of Things provides.
Imagine being able to develop your own smart devices that can communicate with the world around it. What would you build? The possibilities are endless and this course is the best place to start…
In this hands-on course you will learn the basic principles IoT engineering through building your own self driving remote control car. Within the course you will:
- Learn the basics of electronics
- Work with some common electronic components (LEDs, LCD displays, distance sensors, resistors, buttons and switches)
- Learn all about Arduinos
- Build your own prototype of a self driving (remote control) car
- Learn how to read sensor data
- Learn a bit of coding and write a script to make your car avoid obstacles
- Send all the data captured from the car to the web and see its decisions in real time
- Receive a free electronics kit worth over £150 as part of the course! Kit includes: an Arduino, remote control car, LEDs, LCD display, distance sensors, resistors, wires and much more
As well as learning how to engineer a self driving remote control car you’ll learn how to read and interpret sensor data as well as program your car to react in a real (full of obstacles) world environment.
At the end of this course, you will be able to use the knowledge you’ve gained to start developing your own IoT applications. Whether you want to turn your house into a smart home, set up an intruder detection in your office or automate your plant watering system… the sky’s the limit.
Note: While there are no technical requirements to attend this course a basic level of understanding of system / code logic is beneficial.
Register your interest below
We are currently working on our online payment system but that shouldn't prevent you from booking this course! Please, fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!