2 places left
5 places left
|Start date||End date|
|Course type: Mon & Wed (Evenings)|
This course will run for 8 consecutive weeks (48 hours). It starts at 6pm and finishes at 9pm every Monday and Wednesday. You will need to bring your own laptop for this course. Ideally, you should invest at least a minimum of 6h every week outside the class room to be able to have a good progress on all the exercises.
Who is this course for?
We are looking for committed and creative individuals who have a strong desire to learn how to code! Whatever your background, we welcome everyone who wants to dive into the web development world!
In order for our students to become competent developers we ensure that the fundamentals of good coding etiquette and strong base knowledge are established early. We don’t believe in shortcuts and prefer to spend a bit more time ingraining foundation knowledge rather than rushing students along with workarounds and bad practices… so you don’t just learn what to do but also why you are doing it!
In this course you will:
- Learn about the most common Web Browsers
- Understand what are Web Servers, Domain names and IPs
- How to transfer website files from your computer to a Web Server
- Learn about some text editors and other developer tools
- Learn HTML (including HTML5) and how to write semantic HTML
- Learn CSS (including CSS3) and how to apply the styles to your websites
- Learn how to debug and resolve code issues
- Learn about some design tools and how to transform a website design into a real website
- Learn some terminal commands
- Learn the Git basics
- Understand the basic concepts of Responsive Web Design (RWD), mobile first and progressive enhancement approaches
- Learn how to use Bootstrap & Foundation Frameworks
- Learn how frontend web developers collaborate with other roles in an agency
- Build a portfolio website as your final project
Completing this course will enable you to code a simple responsive website from the ground up, providing you with the core knowledge-base to further improve your skills and grow as a developer. You will emerge from the course with a thorough fundamental understanding of how websites are built.
There will be paid post course internship opportunities for those who want to be trained up to the level of junior developer and show potential and commitment on this course.
Register your interest below
We are currently working on our online payment system but that shouldn't prevent you from booking this course! Please, fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!